Training Area Selection
There are two pathways that a Training and Internship beneficiary can select from:
1. Internship at a company
Classroom Training with FTP and Internship in a Company – Attend 2 months of Skills Training in a Classroom and a 3-month Internship in a Company
2. Apprenticeship with a Master Craftsman
Apprenticeship with a Master Craftsman – Attend a 5-month Apprenticeship with a Master Craftsman to learn a trade area
KYEOP List of Training Areas
Data for Training Area Selection
To best secure employment, please select training areas with high results of employment. These trades are ranked below:
Note: The employment results presented above are not exhaustive and do not showcase all training areas offered by KYEOP due to a low number of observations to conduct the analysis.
Below are guidelines we recommend you consider while selecting your training area and trainer selection:
- Select a training area that is in high demand or growing which will increase your chances of finding a job, use the Information above on areas with high employment results.
- Select a training area and trainer close to your location or in your sub-county to reduce the costs of your commute as KYEOP does not provide accommodation.
- Click the All Trades or Trades by County tab for information on MC/FTP for each trade area in your sub-county.
- Visit the Trainers (MC/FTP) you are interested to find out more about the trainer and job prospects. Also, you can consult the MC/FTP during the Career Fair.
- Choose 4 different trainers (from one or more training areas) in the order of priority to increase your chances of participating in a trade of your choice.
After you have considered all the guidelines, follow the below steps to select your training area and trainer:
- Access the portal for trainer and trainer selection at: http://126.96.36.199/mis/
- Login using your ARN and ID number. A security pin will be sent to your SMS.
- Enter the pin to proceed.
- Click on Trainer Selection Button / Click on Menu > Trade Selection
- Filter the table by training area and county or use the Search field to search for a specific Trainer (MC/FTP) or trade. (Note that Trainer capacity rating are included. MC certification details are included as well)
- Select 4 different trainers (from one or more training areas) in the order of priority by clicking select button on the trainer name.
- The 4 choices selected are displayed under My Current Selections
- You can edit your selections any time before the deadline by clicking the clear button next to a choice option then selecting again.
- An SMS notification will be sent once the placement is done to notify youth on which of the selected options one has been allocated to.
Support and Additional Information
- In case of any assistance, please reach out to Youth Development Officers (YDOs) and County Project Coordinators (CPCs) for more information on training areas, trainers and accessing the trainer selection portal
- Your selections will be reviewed, and a Training Area and Trainer will be allocated
You will be notified of the allocated Trainer, Venue and Reporting Time and Date via SMS
- You shall be allowed to interchange trade ONLY ONCE amongst the four choices; this should be on the FIRST WEEK of Training
Trade and Proficiency Steps
All trainees will sit for Trade and Proficiency Tests as applicable on their training area and trainer
- NITA shall administer the tests
- NITA shall issue result slip to all candidates and certificates to those who will pass the tests
- A fee of KShs. 5,000 to be paid for the Administered Examination
- The examination fee will be covered by the Project